Fort Lauderdale competition lawyer Jonathan Pollard has been selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers for the second consecutive year. Pollard, principal of Pollard PLLC, focuses his practice on non-compete, trade secret and trademark litigation.
Pollard began his career at the litigation powerhouse Boies, Schiller & Flexner and launched his own practice five years ago. Since that time, he has racked up a string of significant victories in complex non-compete and trade secret disputes and beyond. Notable results include:
- Silva et. al. v. Nightingale Nurses, LLC, Case No. 4D17-0032 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017) (granting stay of injunction and contempt orders pending appeal in dispute between rival nurse staffing agencies)
- IDMWorks v. Pophaly, 192 F. Supp. 3d 1335 (S.D. Fla. 2016) (denying injunction in software non-compete dispute)
- West v. LQ Mgmt., 156 F. Supp. 3d 1361 (S.D. Fla. 2015) (Altonaga, J.) (denying summary judgment on 42 USC 1981 constitutional claim)
- Evans v. Generic Solutions, 178 So. 3d 114 (Fla. 5th DCA 2015) (vacating injunction in non-compete and trade secret dispute related to Tony Robbins’ companies)
- Moon v. Med. Tech. Associates, 577 F. App’x 934 (11th Cir. 2014) (vacating injunction in non-compete dispute involving rival medical gas companies)
Beyond litigation, Pollard is routinely quoted in the media on non-compete and trade secret issues. He has recently appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, FundFire, Digital Guardian, IP Watchdog and on PBS News Hour. He routinely speaks at local and national conferences and presents continuing legal education courses to other attorneys.
A former high school teacher in inner city Baltimore, Pollard remains firmly committed to public service. Pollard repeatedly has been honored for his volunteer work. The United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida has honored Pollard for his pro bono contributions and the City of Lauderdale Lakes issued a proclamation in honor of his work with local high school students.
The firm is located on Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale and can be reached at 954-332-2380.